The long history of “Džervin” is the guarantee of our quality.
“Džervin” is a successor company of Winemaking - agricultural cooperative in Knjazevac founded on 27, March, 1927 and was the third of its kind in Serbia.
In 1929, the winemaking- agricultural cooperative had a total capacity of 100 tons. It was the year, when the first supply of grapes was received to be processed.
In 1930, 500 tons of grapes were processed. Immediately after the WWII the members of the cooperative commenced with the enlargement of the old cellar so that it could store 3,500 tons. The construction work lasted until 1953. The number of cooperative members also increased these years. In 1959 the cooperative exported the noble wines for distillation and refinement- “Brennwein” and “Essigwein” into East Germany and Poland. At that time there was also a farm named "Timok" which had been founded back in 1920 as a vine-fruit nursery within the municipal premises. In 1960, the Winemaking- agricultural cooperative and The Farm of “Timok” merged into The Cooperative Cellar of Knjazevac, the company for production and distribution of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and other fruit products, which existed under that name until the middle of 1961, when the name was changed into The Agricultural Company "Knjaževac". At the end of the same year the company changed the name into The Agricultural Company "Džervin" Knjaževac. In 1970, a merger was agreed with the Work Organization of "Timoflora", an independent company specialized in processing vegetables and wild fruit. Within the next year the company changed the name into The Agricultural and Food Company "Džervin", and the construction of the cold storage warehouse was completed. Initially it had the capacity of 5,500 tons whereas today it rose to 8,000 tons.
The company employed around 740 workers. It performed the processing of fruit and vegetables. This included the production of wine, brandy, juices, pasteurized cherries, concentrates, frozen fruit and many other products.
The company owned plantations of cherries, apples, and vineyards planted with noble vines such as the white sorts: Sémillon, Italian Riesling and Rhine Riesling, and the red ones: Game, Blauer Burgunder and Blaufrankisch.
The cold storage warehouse, as the most important part of the production, has the capacity of 8,000 tons. It is equipped with the facilities, which prepare fruits and vegetables for the freezing process, the flow-through tunnels for deep freezing, and chambers for storing frozen goods. Frozen strawberries, cherries (with or without pits), raspberries and blackberries, frozen peppers (cut into stripes or square shapes), plums (with or without stones) are all the products that are designed for the domestic and foreign market. Aside from that, there was a drying room for fruits and vegetables, a facility for the production of compotes, etc.
During the 90s, there was a stagnation which led to a dramatic fall in the production. During the first decade in the 21st century there were several unsuccessful attempts to start the business again, to utilize the capacities of primary agricultural production which exist in this area, and to produce the products for which there is a real demand.
In 2013 a new investor, "Autoritas Investments" from Novi Sad restarts the production setting as the major goal of making “Džervin” a respectable company again with a remarkable resource area and a steady and sustainable development plan significant to the whole region.
The main support for its further business ventures lies in the resource area located in our region famous for the production of fruits and vegetables; the commitment to the leading technologies, the procured financial resources and the leading position in the Balkans regarding to the capacities and capabilities of a regular market supply.